Monday, April 22, 2013

The" Pilgrimage"

Day one!  So I have headed South to Laguna Beach to meet up with Michael.  We are heading SW to Kauai this week.  I am calling this little get away a "Pilgrimage".  I will attempt to give forth some kind of an altruistic reason for calling this trip a pilgrimage.  Michael definitely needs a break from his new job so I have selflessly offered to go with him to keep him out of trouble :0)  So today I'm just hanging out in Laguna since the poor boy has to work the next two days.  Walking downtown to the Laguna Coffee House I passed by a hedge made of Jasmine flowers and then saw one of my favorite little trees, a Japanese Cryptomaria, and then a rose garden all in the same block.  I think this could be a very nice place to live. 
We intend to return to Kauai where we all gathered for Sheritas Memorial in '09.  That was the last time my three(Oregon) kids and I took a vacation together.  Even considering the reason for the trip we had a blast.  This time however Michael and I want to check out some of the more remote areas of the Island.  Among other places we intend to visit the Hindu Monastery on the Wailua River.  So there you have it ; Our pilgrimage is to integrate the ancient traditions of the Hindu faith, one of the most beautiful examples of Gods creation in the island itself, our Christian heritage, and the spirit of Sherita.  That works for me!  Pax Christi!  Roberto! 

No comments:

Post a Comment