Sunday, March 7, 2010

Little Gems of Wisdom and Paradox!


Good Sunday Morning! I like Sundays. A lot of the eventful things of my life seem to have occurred on this day of the week but won't go into that now, or ever. My daughter tells me that no one will want to read these posts because the title is too religious. I'm sure she is right but I mostly wrote these "Gems" as a journal of thoughts for myself and I'm too cyber challenged to change the title now anyway. So I suppose it is what it is, at least for now. I have explained the meanings behind the title earlier on and I'll stand on that for the justification if I need one. Sometime in the near future I will write more on what may be seen as a deviation from my path. I have started a new book not written by either of my favorite writers/mentors. It is a book of Philosophy suggested by the facilitator at the Omega House here in Ashland, Rich Lang. It deals with these issues of life but from a more rounded perspective than from solely a Theological point. Of course I'm not of the belief that Richard and Brian are coming from strictly a theological viewpoint anyhow. That would be very dualistic of me/us now wouldn't it!! As my friends at Dutch Brothers like to say about their coffee "its all good". That's a little simplistic but it is all connected. I thought about changing the title of this blog to "Littlegemsofwisdomandparadox". Seemed like a cute title and not so "religious" sounding. It seems that Gems, precious ones at that, have been having an impact in my life. I'm referring not to seemingly inanimate precious stones here but to the precious ones who have crossed my path. It seems that Wisdom is a gift we can glean from the past and carry forward into the future. It is the "wisdom of the ages" gleaned away from our egocentric focus which may save us all and help us to be all we can be. It seems that recognizing and valuing the Paradoxes of life may be the safest path to finding this wisdom. So there is the "non-religious" reasoning behind the thought. But on the other hand I have a tendency to view it all as "religious" even if it's "secular". Back to this later. Again "Happy Sunday"! RV

No comments:

Post a Comment