Monday, January 11, 2010

Praise God! Laus Deo!


Praise God! Laus Deo! That is said to be engraved on the peak of the 555' Washington monument. This structure was erected in the mid 1800's in honor of our first president. Interesting to reflect on this at the center of our country in light of "Freedom of Religion". More on this later. Today seems to also be one of those "binary dates" doesn't it. Back to basics, or keep it simple, is kind of an important part of my being. One of the things I say is that I'm a very "simple" person but try not to be "simplistic" about life. This concept is one a "Libra" such as I have struggled with all my life. I will dwell more on this later in this series. For now suffice to say that in my opinion we humans have tended to build these grand schemes to explain life and its meaning usually to our egos, personal and communal, growth but to the distress of the true meaning of life, Love! Part of this blog will be a posting of other letters I have composed over the past year or so in response to those very memorable and impactful events, most notably being the passing of my wife, Sherita, on to the next life/dimension. As the closing of this post I hope to include a picture of her final resting spot. Peace! RV PS - So who is this guy "Roberto Vincente" anyway? I chose this as a pen name to honor my biological heritage. I am an adopted son and although I have no record of my biological father my mother Helene is 100% Portuguese and her maiden name was Vincente. Just so happens that RV is actually also my adopted names initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment