Wednesday, January 13, 2010

After a year "Emerging"

So my question to myself tonight is where am I in relation to the "Emerging" movement after having been exposed to the concept for almost a year now? I feel very much at peace with my path in the world right now even though I'm not quite sure how the foreseeable future will be playing out. After a year of reading and listening to the writings and audios and conferences of these emergent mentors( especially Brian and Richard) I see a cohesion with what I perceive as a larger world view in the future. Both of these writers speak of a balance point which will (hopefully) soon reach a tipping point of ascendancy or spiritual maturity. That is also spoken of by other writers in the "new age" and "2012" literature. I also see such vision in the non-dualistic and statesmanlike methodology of leaders such as our current president. I have great confidence in his ability to see the big picture in our world dynamic and I am very hopeful of his ability to lead us into the next years, once he manages to put these initial crisis to rest. Obama does seem to have a remarkable ability to build bridges among divergent views but building the bridge is only the first step. We must be willing to cross over the bridge once it is established. At the end of this post I think I'll add an article and link I wrote about this potential ability he has manifested. Because of the reference to the "new age" and "2012" I feel the need to clarify a bit. I feel the ascendancy expressed by many spiritual and philosophical leaders is valuable in the big picture but I am also of the belief that 1) A lot of the nebulousness promoted by some writers is not very founded in secure or tested realities. I feel there is some truth in their writings but I for one don't have a lot of faith in the total picture many present. 2) One of the best descriptions of the "lost" or "hidden" message of the Christ is to be found in the mystical traditions of our past. In other words the "New" Age is not really "New" but a rediscovery. I confess a lack of knowledge regarding the 2012 literature but I am in agreement with some who feel that versus an "end of time" in that year we could be looking at that "Tipping" point mentioned a moment ago. Perhaps an end of an era. As I see it the era of the ego may tip to an era of Love. Peace! RV

My Dear Friend, Family, Acquaintance, etc:
I have sent the letter below to the editor after reading the referred to article. I would invite you to read the article for yourself regardless of your political persuasion at this time. I felt it hit some really good points. I realize that some of you will believe that my support of Barack Obama will brand me as un-American and un-Christian. Nothing could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, by not speaking up for my positions or convictions would make me an ineffective American and tepid Christian. I invite you to access the Atlantic website and read the article for yourself. I would be happy to communicate with any of you if you wish. The site address is www.theatlantic.com/doc/200712/obama . If you are so inclined, please feel free to forward this to your address list.
Peace and Enlightenment, Bob Vlach
To: The Editor, The Atlantic
As the country song goes “I’m not a real political man”, however “Goodbye to All That” by Andrew Sullivan in your December issue has changed that reality. Beyond voting I have never actively participated in the political process, even though my college major was political science with a minor in economics. The termination of John Kennedy probably had much to due with that failure in my life. At 63 I can really relate to the forces of conflict, polarization, and change referred to in the article. The bridge building analogy as well as a new perspective on our role domestically and internationally was refreshing to read and hit a right on note within my being.
This will be a more involved process for me during this election period and I thank you for the wake up call. It is my hope and prayer that many will read this article, including Barack.
The tone of this piece has even inspired an anagram for a banner:
O Offering
B Bridges
A Across
M Modern
A America And Beyond
Enthusiastically Yours, Bob , Ashland, Or

No comments:

Post a Comment