Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting in under the wire 01/10/10

So here goes the first entry on this new blog, which I suppose is going to actually be more of a journal. I wished to start on this adventure for a couple of reasons and to start on this date for a particular reason as well. Today is still one of those strange "binary dates" made solely up of the #'s 1 and 0. Seems like an auspicious beginning for a blog which is also at the forefront of at least my thoughts if not that of a growing number of the world population. My reasons for writing this blog will be expanded upon more tomorrow but one of the most important reasons is that even though I feel very strong about some very significant aspects of the current world condition I also know that it will be hard for me to write a lot at one time. Hence it seems to be good to write a little each day and hopefully end up with cohesive series of thoughts strung together at a point in the future. I wish to expound more on the title and reasons for this blog but I suppose in a nut shell the incentive to proceed here is composed of my children's suggestions, author Dan Brown's latest work, my spiritual path of late, the impact of the "Emergent Church/Village/Mission", and the changing world focus(I hope). Stay Tuned! Pax Christi! RV PS - On July 27th of 2011 I posted a resource list to aid in putting it all together, so I'm referencing that post here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment