Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Why!

The last post was an "Order of Service" which I've been using as a guide for a service I've been providing at a "Memory Care" facility here in Medford.  I was requested to provide such a service this past Christmas Season and it has proven to be a blessing to me as well as the residents at Fern Gardens.  In essence the service is a hybrid of my Catholic and Lutheran experience over the years and I am very happy with the content.  It seems to mean a lot to them as well.  Even though the residents seem to have memory problems the "worship" touch points seem to resonate very well with most of them.  Haven't been able to be there the past couple of weeks due to some health lock down issues but hopefully this week will be good.  I don't know how many of them are tuned into the "papal" changes of the past two weeks but we'll see.  I am very happy with at least the name chosen as a sign of perspective change.  I was hoping for a younger selection but Pope Francis seems to be very alert and we should try to honor the wisdom of age.  As I get older I believe that more and more :0) !  Considering my pilgrimage to Asissi last year I am very pleased with the new pope's name choice.  Pax Christi!  Roberto Vincenti 

No comments:

Post a Comment