Thursday, May 1, 2014

MomilaniKai!!

Here I sit in the PDX airport on May 1st.  Headed back to the Rouge Valley after a week and a half of visiting with Michael and Gary in Laguna Beach.  Great time but must say that the greatest time was with Michael as we headed off to Kauai for five days of finishing up a memorial labyrinth at Pearl Cove.  We, especially Michael, worked hard but had some great moments during the installation.  Met some really nice people, some of whom actually stopped and helped our efforts.  The spiritual energy of this place is really wonderful.  There are a few pictures posted here with more to come.  Our host at the Motel Lani, Dwayne, gave us some great input as to Hawaiian lore and helped us to come up with a more appropriate name for this special spot.  Turns out that "Pearl" in Hawaiian is "Momi" and by adding "Lani", heavenly, to it we end up with Momilani.  Then we add the Hawaiian word for oceanside, Kai, and we get the new name "Momilani Kai", Heavenly Pearl Cove.
As well as all the hard work we found time to eat some great fish and a few "Poipu Pinas".  We also gave ourselves a very nice selfguided tour of the new Hindu temple on the Wailua River.  Hindus may be vegetarian but it appears that Hindu mosquitoes are not.  Looking forward to returning again someday soon but also to getting back home to the Valley and my loved ones.  Mahalo!  RV



2 comments:

  1. I had a magnificent time with my father on this journey and project.

    I would like to echo the sense of spiritual energy one takes away after a day - or even a few moments - at Momilani Kai. The longer you surround yourself with the almost otherworldly atmosphere and terrain of this shoreline the more connected you feel to the entire island and its great ocean. A true sense of belonging develops after a few days and I even found myself having to remind the brain that I didn't actually own the property. I later realized that what I had mistaken for a sense of "ownership" was in fact a basic instinct to protect a place I have grown very fond of.

    I am also eager to return again soon - preferably with family - and sincerely hope every visitor to this bluff is able to absorb the sense of calming clarity offered up by this special little spot in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear "JT" - Thanks so much for the sentiment and comment! Roberto

    ReplyDelete